LinkedIn Recommendations are no longer sent to your LinkedIn inbox… a small, but yet important change. You will still receive an email notification in the email address associated with your LinkedIn account, but you will no longer receive a message in your inbox.
To accept a recommendation from your email:
- simply click on the message from your email, and click ‘Add to Profile’. You will then be taken to the ‘Manage Recommendations’ page, where you can request changes, or approve the recommendation.
Or you can just go right to your ‘Manage Recommendations’ section of your profile.
- Go to your profile (automatically in edit mode. Tip: click ‘View Profile As’ to take your profile out of edit mode). Stay in edit mode and scroll down to the recommendations section of your profile (way down at the bottom just above your “following” and “groups” sections).
- Hover over the recommendations section and you will see 2 options in the top right corner of the section. Click ‘Manage’.
- ‘Manage’ will take you to your ‘Recommendations’ page and features (see below).
- You will automatically be brought to your ‘Received’ tab. If you have any pending recommendations, they will be listed in this first tab.
- Hover over the pending recommendation, and you will see 2 options at the bottom of each recommendation:
- Click ‘add to profile’ to simply add your recommendation for you to proudly display on your profile. Click ‘ask for changes’ if you would like the recommendation altered.
- To view the recommendations you have given to other professionals in your network, simply click on ‘Given’ to the right of received.
- Click ‘Ask for Recommendation’ to revisit the recommendations you have already requested. Click ‘Remind’ at the bottom of each request to send a gentle reminder.
- Click ‘Give Recommendations’ to view the professionals that have asked you to write a recommendation. You will have the option to write the recommendation, or ignore the recommendation.
If you are actively requesting LinkedIn invitations, make it part of your routine to check this section of your profile weekly or bi-weekly. If you have the right process in place, nothing will be missed!
- Be the first to give to your new business relationships
- Always pay it forward
- Network with purpose.
Good luck and good networking! Remember… It’s All About Leverage.
Register for our upcoming FREE Networking Event in Center City, Philadelphia on November 4th from 8:30 – 10:30 AM.
Leveraging LinkedIn for Business Development
To Make It Rain, You Have to Know What Works
Click Here for more information or to register. Seats are limited!