There is no doubt that your network is your net worth. It’s all about who you know, not what you know, especially when it comes to B2B client acquisition. Sometimes it can be difficult to keep in touch with all of our contacts on a daily, weekly, or even monthly basis. This is where social selling comes into focus.
Social Selling allows us to stay in touch with our network. It gives us the opportunity to stay top of mind, engage in conversations in our own time, provide answers and thoughts to our network in our own time, and it allows our network to respond to us in their own time. Social Media allows us to reach an international audience if we so choose, and it also allows us to hyper focus on smaller subsets of people if we so choose.
The key here is that social media allows us to network 24/7. If we choose our networks wisely, the impact can be extraordinary.
This blog is bringing us all back to the basics. There seems to be a general disconnect when it comes to our online identities. More often than not, we behave differently on-line that we do face-to-face. We don’t see the situations for what they are, and therefor do not respond the way we should.
The trick is to just translate who you are into digital conversations. Recognize when and where you can provide insight. Understand how to engage in a conversation on LinkedIn or Twitter or FB, etc. Then actually take the initiative to engage.
This video blog will walk you through basic activities you can accomplish in LinkedIn on a daily basis that will help you stay relevant with your network, assist in keeping you top of mind, and perhaps even provoke a little thought leadership out of you for your network to consume.
- 10 minutes per day. Just take this first step in networking on LinkedIn. Block out 10 minutes on your calendar each day, whether it’s at the start of your day, the middle, or before you leave. Do it all at once or break it up into smaller segments multiple times per day. Network from your PC or from your smartphone, whatever is easiest for you. Do it at your desk or on the go. But do it.
- Every time you check your email, take a few moments to check LinkedIn. Start up some conversations. Become a resource to your network and increase your net worth.
- Be the first to give to your new business relationships
- Always pay it forward
- Network with purpose.
Good luck and good networking! Remember… It’s All About Leverage.
For more great content:
- Follow me on Twitter @LinkedInBobbie
- Check me out on IRIS.xyz
- Listen to my most recent interviews by: